Do I Qualify to Become a Member of Texas Independence Health Plan?
To learn if you (or your loved one) are likely to qualify for the services offered by Texas Independence Health Plan (TIHP), please answer the following questions. Our staff also is happy to help you determine your eligibility. Just contact our Member Services number at 833-471-8447 for additional information. (TTY users should call 833-414-8447). Hours are 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., seven days a week from October 1 through March 31; 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Monday to Friday from April 1 through September 30.
- Do you qualify for Medicaid coverage as well as Medicare Parts A and B? If so, you also may be eligible to enroll.
- Have you been a resident of a nursing home or skilled nursing facility for longer than ninety (90) days?
- Do you currently have Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance)?
You are eligible for membership in our plan as long as:
- You live in one of our network nursing homes in one of our service area:
- In Texas, TIHP covers care in 25 counties –Aransas, Bastrop, Bexar, Calhoun, Cameron, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Frio, Gregg, Guadalupe, Hidalgo, Jackson, Jefferson, Kendall, Kleberg, Lavaca, Live Oak, Montgomery, Nueces, Starr, Tarrant, Travis, Washington, and Wharton.
- You have both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B,
Page Last Updated: 11/27/2023